The ASID National Student Summit is the must-attend event of the year for career-minded interior design students! The ASID CT Chapter generously offered to sponsor 7 students to attend this amazing experience.
- The conference explores ways to prepare students for their first professional roles while gaining insight from leading-edge speakers
- Experience potential careers through tours at top design firms and their projects
- Learn from an amazing lineup of thought leaders who share their personal stories and inspire students to make career aspirations realities
- Network with industry leaders, partners and peers
- Students bring a resume, portfolio, and most importantly, their talent, to build a network and become part of the design community
A Message From ASID Student Rep Olivia Powers:
“Earlier this month, myself and six other students had the opportunity to attend SCALE, the ASID Student Summit. Without the help and funding from the Connecticut ASID board, this trip would not have been possible, so thank you! We were able to network with experienced professionals and make lifelong friendships and learn so much about the profession. Keynote presentations about diversity, equity and aging in place really inspired us students to take on a more human-centric approach to design. The showroom tours of Blu Dot, Davis and Technion really allowed us to practice showroom etiquette, and how to ask the right questions to learn more about products. Along with so many pop up informational sessions, fishbowl discussions and even an etiquette lunch, SCALE was really an informational and fun experience for us students! We are looking forward to hopefully being able to attend next year!”
ASID CT is proud to invest in the next generation of design professionals!